10 teen-friendly things to do at Downtown Disney – for 10 bucks or less!
Found a little free time on your Disney World vacation and have a little bit of cash to spend? Believe it or not, a lot of teen-friendly fun can be had at Downtown Disney for less than ten dollars!
We’ve come up with a list of ten things at Downtown Disney World for teenagers to get you started.
- Sit on the Front Porch at House of Blues and for the price of a soda (or two), you can enjoy the live music.
- Get a pretzel and a soda from Wetzel’s Pretzels and enjoy the live music in the West End Plaza.
- See a movie at the AMC Theater. If you hit an early show with discounted tickets, you may even be able to get a soda, too.
- If you’re feeling like something sweet, Disney’s Candy Cauldron is a great place to stop in for a snack on the West Side. Snow White’s Wicked Queen is the inspiration for this shop, and its theming is detailed down to prices that are marked in “Stones and Pebbles” instead of dollars and cents. You’ll have a lot of choices in your price range. The shop is famous for it’s “Build Your Own Apple” confections, with the basic caramel apple starting around $5.
Downtown Disney’s Marketplace:
5. As you might guess, there is a whole lot of shopping offered at the Marketplace. Even if you only have ten dollars to spend, you’ll be able to find a souvenir here. Some shops to explore that will have choices that won’t bust your budget are:
- Basin – Bath salts, and bath bombs and fancy soaps, oh my! You can slow down and enjoy the scents while you shop.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas – Get a souvenir Christmas ornament.
- Fun Finds – Everything in this store is $25 or less, but the store features a large “5 for $20” display wall. Items can be purchased individually for $4, so you can walk away with two new mementos of your trip for less than ten bucks!
- The Lego Store – You may not be in the market for new Legos, but you should definitely visit The Lego Imagination Center. This huge outdoor play area has thousands of LEGO blocks, and is a fun place to take a break from your shopping. There are also some impressive statues built of Legos that would make great backdrops for interesting vacation photos.
6. If it’s time for a meal, you should head to Earl of Sandwich. A complete meal – sandwich, side and a drink – will be within your budget here!
7. An ice cream sundae or milkshake from the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain makes a great snack. If you enter through the chocolate shop side, you’ll get a free chocolate sample, too!
8. Goofy’s Candy Company is home of the “build-your-own” confection. You can dream up your own combination, or choose from a stunning selection of pre-made treats.
9. You can order a snack, like irish style chips or onion rings, and a drink at Raglan Road and can enjoy Irish Dancers and Music from a live band.
10. Cookes of Dublin – You can grab a snack, like “Chips” or “Doh-Bars” (French fries or fried candy bars) and a drink. The seating is limited, but you can take your snack with you while you explore. On certain nights, you can enjoy the DJ dance party that’s offered some evenings at the marketplace while you eat.
If evening entertainment at Downtown Disney will be a part of your plan, be sure you know the showtimes! You can check the times guide at www.wdwent.com to verify show times, or learn about special events during your visit. You can also call 407-WDW-2NITE for same day information.
“A Teen’s Guide To Walt Disney World” also has a table of show times around Downtown Disney organized by day of the week. This list of things is just the beginning!