A little bit of cash in your hand can provide a lot of teen-friendly entertainment at Disney‘s Boardwalk!
Try these picks for low-cost Disney fun!
1. Visit Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort.
The legendary kitchen sink sundae would set you back quite a bit more than $10, but there are many hand-scooped ice cream creations to be had for less than $10.
2. Explore the Crescent Lake Resort area with a cruise on a Friendship Boat.
These boats run all day, making a circular trip between Epcot and Hollywood Studios parks, and stopping at each Crescent Lake Resort in each direction. There is no charge to ride these boats, which leaves you with a little money to spend when you get to your destination.
3. Is it time for a meal?
You can grab a slice of pizza and a drink at the Boardwalk Pizza Window, and sit at one of the outdoor tables while you eat.
4. Spend some time browsing for souvenirs in the shops on the Boardwalk.
Be sure to visit Seashore Sweets or the Boardwalk Bakery if you’re looking for a sugar rush!
5. Roast marshmallows and watch an Outdoor Movie at Yacht and Beach Club.
Smore’s kits are available for around $5. After you’ve made your snack over an open fire, grab a beach chair and watch a Disney film under the stars.
6. Stop in to ESPN Club.
A Full meal will be out of reach here for less than $10, but sports fans can stop in to grab a snack and a drink and immerse themselves in the world of Sports at SportsCentral.
7. Enjoy some arcade gaming.
You can head to The Yard at ESPN Club for sports themed games. For games of a different variety, visit nearby Side Show Games at the Boardwalk Inn, or the Lafferty Place Arcade at Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Villas. There is also a game room at the nearby Dolphin Resort.
8. Hang out and take in the entertainment on the Boardwalk.
Try your luck on the Midway Games and watch live entertainers, called Buskers, perform outdoors on the Boardwalk. You’ll find performers with a variety of talents, from sword swallowers and jugglers to magicians and strolling musicians!
9. Rent a bike at the Boardwalk Inn.
The trail that winds around Crescent Lake passes 5 Epcot area Resort hotels and extends for almost a mile.
10. For some fun out on the water, visit the Cabana Beach Club outside the Walt Disney World Dolphin.
Both pedalboats and hydrobikes are available to rent for less than $10.
I’ve included a bonus activity: miniature golf is a short walk away at Fantasia Gardens.
This activity doesn’t quite qualify for our 10 under $10 list, because of the regular price of $12 a round. Fortunately, there are many discounts available that will bring the price down a bit closer to our $10 threshold.
- Anyone can get 50% off a second round of miniature golf on the same day.
- Look for the coupon in the back of Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2012. It is good for 10% off one round of miniature golf before 4:00 pm, and it’s good for up to 4 people. It expires 12/31/12.
- Disney World Passholders get 50% off rounds of miniature golf, and Disney Vacation Club members get a 15% discount. These discounts are for the passholder or member and up to three guests.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a voucher for one round of miniature golf per room. If you are on the Magic Your Way Premium or Platinum vacation package, unlimited miniature golf is included.